Covid-19 Hygiene Protocols
In order to protect the health & wellbeing of all our clients, whilst still providing critical optical services to the community we have imposed a number of measures at Whitehouse Optometrists:
• Private Appointments (ie with no other client in the practice) are available by request.
• Otherwise, there will be a maximum of 2 clients in the display area at any time.
• To facilitate social distancing, there will be only one Optometrist and Dispenser at each practice (City & St Leonards).
• Upon arrival clients are temperature tested and must use the hand sanitiser (provided).
• Staff are temperature tested each morning and wear face masks and gloves at all times.
• All staff have completed the Department of Health Infection Control for COVID-19 training, including safe handwashing procedures. All staff have been instructed not to come to work if they are experiencing flu-like symptoms, have travelled in the last 14 days, or have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
• Stringent hygiene practices are adhered to daily, including cleaning of all testing equipment after each client and high touchpoint areas throughout the practices.
• All frames touched by a client are set aside and sanitised before replacement on the shelves.
• We have reduced all non-essential visitors to our practices such as sales representatives.
We will closely monitor all available information provided by the Australian Department of Health and Optometry Australia.