Covid-19 Hygiene Protocols
Important advice re: Masks
- NSW Health has determined that from July 24, all health workers in NSW, including Optometrists, dispensing and administrative staff are required to wear a surgical mask if they are within 1.5m of a patient.
- Patients are also required to wear a mask where possible, (children 12 years and under do not need to wear a mask).
- Disposable masks are available at our practices.
In order to protect the health & wellbeing of all our clients:
- Upon arrival clients are temperature tested and must use the hand sanitiser (provided).
- Stringent hygiene practices are adhered to daily, including cleaning of all testing equipment after each client and high touchpoint areas throughout the practices.
- All frames touched by a client are set aside and sanitised before replacement on the shelves.
The Whitehouse Team
- Staff are temperature tested each morning.
- Staff have completed the Department of Health Infection Control for COVID-19 training, including safe handwashing procedures.
- Staff have been instructed not to come to work if they are experiencing flu-like symptoms, or have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, have been to any “hot spots” or have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 kindly postpone your appointment. We will continue to monitor information provided by the Australian Department of Health and Optometry Australia.